Stem Cell Therapy In Luxxo Wellness
As a leading wellness centre in KL, Luxxo Wellness offers various services - including stem cell therapy. As a popular therapy in regenerative medicine, it provides your body with new stem cells to replace lost and damaged cells, which delivers numerous benefits.
What Are Stem Cells?
Advantages Of Stem Cell Therapy In Malaysia
Stem cell therapy is a popular choice among our clients. Many see short- and long-term benefits.
1) Aid Healing From Injuries
In recent years, stem cell therapy has become more common among celebrities and professional athletes to speed up healing from nagging injuries and managing chronic pain. Some fans of the stem cell therapy include Madonna, Cristiano Ronaldo, Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher and Datuk Lee Chong Wei. The infusion of stem cell can help boost recovery of localized wound, by regenerating damaged cells at the site of injury. To many, it is a safer alternative to surgery and helps in long-term recovery.
2) Skin Rejuvenation
Aging causes the production of collagen to slow down drastically, leading to visible signs of aging on the skin. A study shown stem cell significantly increased epidermal thickness and skin evenness, which means the skin gets thicker and stronger to resist external stressors. Participants also found pores, superficial wrinkles and pigmentation became less visible . Dr. Eve Lupenko, a board certified Dermatologist at Greenberg Cosmetic Surgery in New York City said “Stem cell have the potential to repair skin cells, and they also protect your skin from external factors and create a more youthful look. They go into the skin’s cellular level, and they are able to deliver moisture and reparative agents to where they need to go.” Seems to be more promising than skincare, don’t you think?
3) Repair Brain Damage And Restore Cognitive Function
Stem cells have the ability to regenerate and repair organs, this therapy can be a great help in slowing down the aging process, which includes treating diseases associated with older age. That includes neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Stem cell therapy was shown to repair brain damage and improve memory function in mice with conditions identical to human strokes and dementia, a new UCLA study finds.
4) Potential Treatment Of Chronic Diseases
5) Increase Energy Levels And Stamina
Mitochondria are components in cells that have a critical role in energy production. When massive numbers of stem cells are infused into the body, they can turn into healthy mitochondria to replace dysfunctional mitochondria. The influx of new mitochondria will then provide fuel for our existing cells . It allows the body to perform at a better and more efficient rate at a cellular level. Processes like brain function, cell repair, digestion, excretion and more all begin to work more effectively. Therefore, within hours after completing stem cell therapy, a person can feel much more energized. It is the stem cells working its charm.
- Wang, J., Schoenberg, E., Zaya, R., Rohrer, T., Zachary, C., & Saedi, N. (2020). The rise of stem cells in skin rejuvenation: A new frontier. Clinics In Dermatology, 38(4), 494-496. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clindermatol.2020.04.003
- Liang, X., Ding, Y., Zhang, Y., Tse, H. and Lian, Q. (2014). Paracrine Mechanisms of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Based Therapy: Current Status and Perspectives. Cell Transplantation, 23(9), pp.1045-1059.
- Oh, J., Lee, Y. and Wagers, A. (2014). Stem cell aging: mechanisms, regulators and therapeutic opportunities. Nature Medicine, 20(8), pp.870-880.
- Atala, A., Cetrulo, K., Taghizadeh, R., Cetrulo, C. and Murphy, S. (2018). Perinatal Stem Cells. San Diego: Elsevier Science & Technology.
- Moreira, A., Kahlenberg, S., & Hornsby, P. (2017). Therapeutic potential of mesenchymal stem cells for diabetes. Journal Of Molecular Endocrinology, 59(3), R109-R120. https://doi.org/10.1530/jme-17-0117
- Liu, K., Zhou, Z., Pan, M., & Zhang, L. (2021). Stem cell‐derived mitochondria transplantation: A promising therapy for mitochondrial encephalomyopathy. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics, 27(7), 733-742. https://doi.org/10.1111/cns.13618